Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Sunrise

Photograph by Theo Howell
(my son)



I'm very fond of poetry, both serious and humorous. So to get this section of my blog started I'm sharing a poem I wrote in 2015 called Sunrise.


Sunrise

Dark heavens give way to light,
Daybreak wakes and yawns.
Birds chirp a merry song,
To welcome in the dawn. 

Hours of darkness now recede,
 The moon no longer shines.
 A miracle not to be missed,
The birth of sunshine.

A golden orb, on the rise.
Ascending in the sky.
Sunbeams on water dance, 
To bid the night goodbye.


April 2015

4 comments:

  1. I like it, Helen. You do, indeed, paint pictures with words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Kevin. That's very nice of you to say so.

      Delete

Comments to me are like Chocolates - go ahead and leave me a comment.