Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Tears - Poetry




Tears

Should I cry for that which is passed,
Tears, sparkling drops that dampen the soul.
Does it change what I can see?
Oh knife that stabs with pain that lasts.

~

Am I filled with regret for things done,
Tears, that flow and burn their path.
What good’s a breaking heart to me,
For life's moments that can’t be undone.

~

Has peace left me, flown like the white dove,
Tears, so fluid, drain away life's blood.
Is the hurt unreal, yet it feels so true,
It's wrapped around me like a silk glove.

~

Yet out of the darkness, light flows through,
Tears, dull and fade, no more to wound.
 Can I learn from life's mistakes,
My eyes now take a different view.

~


© Helen A. Howell

Illustration is a scribble by Helen

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. I like the way the second line in each stanza begins with "Tears" and the rhyme scheme with the first and last lines of each stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zanna, I like to try out different things - glad it worked ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. LOL Tom you are funny - passes over the tissues ^_^

      Delete

Comments to me are like Chocolates - go ahead and leave me a comment.